Available Small Munsterlander Puppies
Announcing the whelping of Pearl’s roan female pup on April 29th, 2023!
Warm Winds Blaz’n Fire is now our B litter, and she will be a strong and willing hunter just like her sire and dam. People who express interest in our pup could have hesitations about taking on a singleton due to the possibility of behavioral issues they have heard of with a singleton. We would like to reassure anyone interested in this pup that we are doing everything we can to ensure that this pup grows up to be a well-rounded dog and not one with behavioral issues.
This is the second singleton we have raised now, and the last time we followed our breeder’s (Brush Dale Kennel in Maquoketa IA) explicit advice on what one needs to do to raise a singleton, in addition to the advice on puppy culture.
- We are using neurologic stimulation, which has been proven to help the pup cope with stress as an adult.
- We do our best to “imitate” litter mates that are constantly disrupting each other’s napping and nursing abilities. These minor stresses help prepare the dog for major stresses as an adult.
- We follow the advice from Puppy Culture that says to give the puppy massages a few times per day to mimic the physical stimulation it would receive growing up with 6-8 litter mates. The pup will have an enriched environment in their backyard pen; lots of various toys and a kiddie pool.
- As the pup matures, we don’t tolerate “bad behavior” from the pup, and we strive to teach the pup the meaning of the word “no” and the command of “come”. No biting, nibbling with those deadly puppy needle teeth!
- The pup is raised in our house, which has a doggie door so she will be well acquainted with using one; we will do our best to house train the pup aside from that, however, we can’t guarantee any accidents!
- We plan on introducing the pup to other young dogs who are current on their vaccines and have play dates when it’s more age appropriate; the invited dog gets to take on the role of the Manners Police.
- We also ensure that the pup is exposed to as many other people as possible and different experiences, such as going to a lake, car rides and short hikes at the ski resort nearby. We will try to get the pup introduced to birds at a local hunting preserve. The pup will not live in a vacuum.
- The client who purchased our singleton from the A litter has happily agreed to accept phone calls or emails from anyone interested in how his pup turned out. Please contact us and we will provide that contact information to you.
Whether or not you had any questions regarding a singleton pup, we hope this helps!